The National Hernia Institute specialises in
the laparoscopic repair of:
- Groin (inguinal, femoral, obturator) hernias
- Ventral, Umbilical and Incisional hernias
- Spigelian hernias
- Complex abdominal wall reconstruction
- Hernia recurrences
- Athletic pubalgia & sports henias
- Hiatus and para-oesophageal hernias
- Worker’s Compensation
- Second Expert Opinion
The National Hernia Institute & Clinical Research:
- Prof Berney obtained a Doctorate in Philosophy (PhD) in 1999
- The NHI keeps all patients’ information in a deidentified database
- Clinical research with numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Regular presentations at Surgical Meetings & International Conferences
- Regular live Hernia Masterclasses for Consultant and Fellow Surgeons
What this means for patients?
- Swift and easy access to specialist care
- A “Multidisciplinary Hernia Team” offering a wide range of options to investigate, diagnose and treat most types of hernias
- Tailored surgical treatment using the latest techniques and technologies
- A focus on the best possible outcome for the patient’s health and wellbeing
- Excellent onsite rehabilitation centre, including swimming pool at Waratah Private Hospital
- Prof Berney will also offer patients with a second expert opinion following a diagnosis, or recurrence, of hernia
- Free access to public hospital for uninsured patients with Medicare
Your first appointment
Please bring the following items to your appointment.
- The referral from your doctor
- Your x-rays, ultrasounds and pathology results.
- A list of other illnesses and/or medications.
- Any specific questions you would like answered.
- Your Medicare, DVA or Pension card as applicable.
- Your Health Fund details.
Wish to book an appointment or looking for some more information about our services,
get in touch and we will be happy to assist.